Membership is open to anyone with a connection to the academy and currently includes members of teaching and support staff, parents, carers, former students, governors, former colleagues and members of the local community.
The Friends Association organises social and fundraising events throughout the year and also operates a ‘100 Club’ with monthly cash prizes.
Applications for funding are accepted by the Friends each year from academy departments. This can be for a project, a piece of equipment, a visit etc... the only criteria are that the funds must be used to benefit members of the school community.
Past funding went towards the following:
- All rides at the school summer fair
- Video cameras for the Drama Department
- Digital SLR Cameras for the Art Department
- Minecraft Licences for the ICT Department
- GCSE Art Exhibition
- 3D Printer for DT
- Book Return Box for the Library
- Sports Kits for the PE Department
- Printing Press for the Art Department
- Defibrillator for SENDCo
- Air Hockey Table for Youth Group
- Chairs for the Library
Our past fund raising events have included:
- Summer Fair
- Christmas Fair
- Craft Fairs
- Music Concert
- Car Boot Sale
- Quiz Night with 'pie n peas'
- Christmas Show Refreshments
The date of the next FoRH meeting will be posted on here soon...
Please check back here for details of any upcoming events...
If you would like to join the 100 Club it is £12 per year (12 monthly draws plus a bonus draw at Christmas and summer).
Please email email@example.com and we will send you an application form.
Cash prizes every month and a Super Draw in December.
Click the link below for the '100 Club' rules:
'100 Club' Rules
Friends of Rye Hills Academy Management Committee:
The Committee will be elected at the next AGM - due to COVID-19 restrictions all our activities have been temporarily suspended.
- Acting Chairman: Mr N Waugh
- Vice Chairman: Vacant
- Secretary : Vacant
- Treasurer : Mr N Waugh
- Committee: A Marson, B Stonehouse and L Smith.
We would welcome parents/carers and members of the local community to join us - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details