School meals information
We use a cashless catering system that allows students to pay using their thumbprints and Parent Pay. Revaluation pay points are located outside the dining hall and at the tills.
Any amount of money can be paid into a student's account and any money spent on food and drink will be deducted on a daily basis. Coin and note payments can be made at the pay-points to top up their thumbprint. We encourage all students to have money added to their accounts through Parent pay.
A daily 'spend limit' of £5.00 will be programmed into the system. This can be increased or decreased for an individual student by making a written request to the school finance office. As per the current legislation, we operate an 'opt out' policy. If you want to opt-out you will be required to complete a form. If you choose not to have your child registered on the biometric system, a 4 digit PIN code will be allocated. Please note that the PIN codes do not have the same level of security and it will be your child's responsibility to remember the code and to keep it secure at all times.
Eligibility for Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parent/carer are in receipt of, one or more of the qualifying benefits below:
- Universal Credit - (providing you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC
- A 'Run-On' of Working Tax Credit - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you or your partner are currently in receipt of Working Tax Credit, regardless of your income, you will not qualify.
If you think you could be eligible, please complete the downloadable application form at the bottom of this page and return it to the school reception.
For more information see the Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council website